I am an artist from New Haven, CT.
The central theme of recent work is the conversation between the natural and manmade landscapes.
In this digital and wireless era, my work is intentionally heavy and tactile. The process, medium, and materials are all meaningful components. I strive to create a tangible human connection that is all too often lost.
A New Haven native, I have been an active member of the local arts scene as a teacher, administrator, and artist for over a decade. Though primarily self-taught, I studied printmaking and studio arts at New York University (BA, English), Paier College of Art, and Rhode Island School of Design.
b. 1983, Harvey, IL
lives + works in New Haven & Hamden, CT
BA, New York University (2005)
Walls, Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven, CT (solo show)
Square Footage, Village Inn & Suites, New Haven, CT (solo show)
One Planet. One Home. Artists Confront Climate Change, Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven, CT
Inauguration Nation: Artists Respond to the New Administration, Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven, CT
Deck the Walls, Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven, CT
Faculty Show, Creative Arts Workshop, New Haven, CT
Genius Loci, curated by Elinor Slomba, Village Inn & Suites, New Haven, CT
Special Project @ 193 Winthrop Avenue, curated by Elinor Slomba, Dwelling: City-Wide Open Studios, New Haven, CT
Momentary Landscapes, (solo exhibition), Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven, CT
Featured Artist, State House of Representatives, Hartford, CT: one of two artists chosen by House Majority Leader, Joe Aresimowicz
Inside the Box, Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven, CT
Featured Artist, Gallery Twelve 24 @ Framed, Hamden, CT
Transported / Illuminated, City-Wide Open Studios, Armory at Goffe Alternative Space, Artspace, New Haven, CT
MetropoLights, (a cityscape of interactive light sculptures for kids, a collaboration w/ Christine Liu), Maker Faire, New York Hall of Sciences, Queens, NY: Best in Class, Red Ribbon Winner / Hall of Sciences, Permanent Collection
Reflection, Navigation, Design / 17th Annual Westville Village ArtWalk, urban seed [ ] ponics lab, New Haven, CT: Chosen as a Project Storefronts Featured Artist
Linear Advantages (solo exhibition), Luck + Levity / Koffee on Auduon, New Haven, CT
City-Wide Open Studios, Artspace, New Haven, CT
Transitories - or - Transitory Stories, (solo exhibition), Muse, Los Angeles, CA
Pancakes and Booze, Lot 613, Los Angeles, CA
the earth is not a cold dead place, Seton Gallery, University of New Haven, CT
Before + After, (solo exhibition), Koffee on Audubon, New Haven, CT
City Wide Open Studios, Artspace, New Haven, CT
FLOCK, Artspace, New Haven, CT Jurors: Patricia Hickson, Emily Hall Termaine Curator of Contemporary Art, Wadsworth Antheneum, Hartford, CT & Kristina Newman, Director of Visual Arts, Real Art Ways, Hartford, CT
Ideat Village Festival, Orbit Gallery, New Haven, CT
Art for Aids, Artspace, Hartford, CT
May Day Festival, Freight Street Gallery, Waterbury, CT
Solo Exhibition, The Space, Hamden, CT
the city dreams, (solo exhibition), Creative Arts Workshop, New Haven, CT
Breaking Ground, Junto Gallery, Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY
A Midsummer Night Scene, L'asso, New York, NY
- "Linoleum Block Party, Liz Antle-O'Donnell Explores Our Relationship to Nature and Each Other," Hank Hoffman, Artists Next Door, The Arts Paper, July/August 2017: https://issuu.com/artscouncil9/docs/arts_paper_july_august_final/8
- "Walls and Enigmatic Canyons Come to Westville," Allan Appel, New Haven Independent, April 7, 2017: http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/walls_and_enigmatic_canyons_come_to_westville/
- Art Beat with host Daniel Fitzmaurice, WNHH Community Radio, April 2017: https://soundcloud.com/new-haven-independent/artbeat-liz-antle-odonnell
- "Artists 'Transform' Spaces All Over Town," Lucy Gellman, New Haven Independent, October 21, 2015: http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/transported_transfixed/
- "Artists Mind the Gap," Allan Appel, New Haven Independent, June 12, 2015. http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/kehler_liddell/
- "Sitting Down with Liz Antle-O'Donnell," Alex Simon, The Yale Herald, April 18, 2014. http://yaleherald.com/voices/sitting-down-with-liz-antle-odonnell/
- "Connections Made At Two Ville Openings," David Sepulveda, New Haven Independent, November 26, 2014. http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/art_openings_at_the_two_villes/
- "ArtWalk," by Chris Randall, I Love New Haven, May 11, 2014: http://www.ilovenewhaven.org/2014/05/artwalk-chris-randall.html
- "the earth is not a cold dead place at the Seton Art Gallery," by Isaak Kifle, Charger Bulletin, April 6, 2011: http://www.chargerbulletin.com/2011/04/06/the-earth-is-not-a-cold-dead-place-at-the-seton-art-gallery/
- "the earth is not a cold dead place: Art Explores How Humans Interact With Nature," Feature Image, March 28, 2011: http://www.newhaven.edu/news-events/155564/
- “A Fine Bunch: October 2nd and 3rd in New Haven,” City Wide Open Studios 2010: http://cwos2010.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/a-fine-bunch-october-2nd-and-3rd-in-new-haven/
- “Alternative Space,” City Wide Open Studios 2010: http://cwos2010.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/alternative-space/.
- Kwadwo Adae: Paintings as Kinetic Sculptures, Connecticut Creative Online, January 5th, 2010.
- Daniel Kaminski: Streams of Subconscious, Connecticut Creative Online, February 22nd, 2010.
- Sarah Paolucci: Illustrator, Designer, Portraitist, Connecticut Creative Online, March 17th, 2010.
- An Extraordinary Life Drawing Event: Dr. Sketchy’s Anti Art School, Connecticut Creative Online, March 17th, 2010.
- John Zinsser ’76, Foote Prints Alumni Magazine, Winter/Spring 2011, Vol. 38, No.1, pg. 32.
Program + Outreach Manager (2016); Project Manager (2014); Educational Program & Community Outreach Coordinator / Development Associate (2010-2013), Site Projects Inc, (www.siteprojects.org), New Haven, CT
Percent for Art Coordinator, City of New Haven, Department of Arts, Culture and Tourism / New Haven Festivals (2014)
Teacher, Preschool @ Neighborhood Music School, New Haven, CT (2012 - 2015)
Artist Intern, Kathryn Andrews (represented by David Kordansky), Los Angeles, CA (2012)
Artist Intern, Mindy Shapero (represented by Marianne Boesky), Los Angeles, CA (2011)
Gallery Coordinator + Administrative Assistant (temporary), Creative Arts Workshop, New Haven, CT (2010)
Assistant Teacher, Calvin Hill Daycare + Kitty Lustman Findling Kindergarten, New Haven, CT (2006 - 2009)
Rhode Island School of Design, studied w/ Henry Ferraria, Head of Printmaking, (Summer 2014).
Paier College of Art, studied w/ Bob Zapolarti, 1st place Honors, Trompe L'Oeil, (2009/2010).
Galleries, Residencies + Collections
Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven, CT, (2014 – present).
Artist-in-Residence, Creative Arts Workshop, Young People's Department, (2016).
Work in private collections in New York, New Haven and Los Angeles.